The term of service shall be from January – October 2013. The time commitment fluctuates based on the production schedule. While there is no monetary compensation, there is the potential for significant personal gratification by being part of a team of excellent professionals, each committed to representing the thought and design leadership of the NOMA membership.
Applicants need to submit a cover letter and resume by November 19, 2012 to email@example.com. Applicants may apply for more than one position.
Applicant will have a chance to ask questions at the NOMA national conference during a Q&A session. If you would like to know more details about this gathering, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the contact list.
Communications Director Responsibilities & Expectations
- Assist with the planning and launch of a new NOMA website
- Assist with production of e-newsletters
- Assist with concept and theme development of NOMA magazine.
- Monitor and post, as supervisors' direction, on NOMA's blog, Facebook fan page, and Twitter
- Keep and file fundraising records and documents and share sponsors' benefits with sponsors
- Research new funders
- Help prepare proposals and acknowledgement letters
- Research media outlets, including websites, and create media lists for promoting NOMA's products and services
- Coordinate/Create promotional displays or traveling "exhibits" to promote NOMA programs
- Coordinate/Create and maintain inventories of promotional packets for NOMA's constituents
- Produce, help proofread, and disseminate promotional fliers and newsletters
- Interview NOMA's constituents for testimonials and stories of their experience with NOMA; coordinate historical
- Assist with administrative support, including filing and photocopying