Job summary: The University of Oklahoma’s College of Architecture invites applications for a full-time tenured, tenure-track or renewable term appointment in the Division of Architecture at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to teach a minimum of two undergraduate or graduate studio classes, in addition to a minimum of two seminar and/or lecture courses per year, beginning no later than August 16, 2015. A renewable term appointment will require teaching a minimum of three courses per semester, plus limited research/creative activity and more service duties.
Requirements at the time of hire:
• A minimum of an accredited professional degree in Architecture with a Master’s degree in Architecture or related field
• Professional registration/ licensure in Architecture, or a Ph.D. in Architecture or related field
• Teaching experience with undergraduate or graduate architecture students
• Experience working in an architecture office, or evidence of a research agenda
• Ability to support a collegial and collaborative working environment in addition to possessing effective communication and inter-personal skills
• Experience teaching design studios through the use of digital and haptic methodologies
• Record of peer-reviewed research, competition awards or award winning practice
The successful candidate will contribute to the Division of Architecture’s NAAB-accredited B.ARCH and M.ARCH programs. These professional programs are shaped by an ethos of Creating-Making, and founded on core principles of social and environmental ethics and sustainability. The appointment offers the following exciting opportunities for one’s career path in higher education:
• To work with an inspired leadership structure in the Division, and to work with nationally-recognized faculty committed to creative and innovative approaches to architectural education.
• To work in newly renovated Gould Hall, which provides exceptional studio facilities and digital collaboration spaces with access to creating-making fabrication labs.
• To develop research collaborations with in the Division and across the College, including accredited Divisions of Regional and City Planning, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Science.
• To work with the College’s students to maintain a strong track record of successful collaborations, including the ULI Competition, the ACSA/NSF Sustainable Building Design Competition, the Compressed Earth Block Research Program, and national and international architecture/construction science competitions.
• To contribute to the interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Planning, Design, and Construction, an advanced research and theory degree.
For more information about our program, please visit http://arch.ou.edu and http://www.ou.edu/architecture.
Apply by submitting the following materials: a cover letter which expresses interest in the position and highlights relevant experience, a current curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, a digital portfolio of sample teaching efforts, professional research work and/or work generated through critical practice, and full contact information for three references (please indicate if these are to remain confidential). Please limit the digital portfolio submission file size to less than 10MB. All application materials may be submitted to the email address below or on a CD or flash drive via mail to:
Prof. Hans E. Butzer, Director, Division of Architecture, University of Oklahoma College of Architecture
Design Studio Faculty Search, Gould Hall, Rm 275
830 Van Vleet Oval, Norman, OK 73019
Please submit questions by email to Janie.A.Andersonfirstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin January 12, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Date created: January 8, 2015